Equipment for Composting|
There are very few required tools in composting, but sometimes the right equipment can make your efforts far more effective and enjoyable. In addition to a shovel, pitchfork, and water hose, there are optional tools you may want to consider to aid your composting efforts. The following topics are available to discuss the various types of equipment that aid the home composter:
- Types of Manufactured Bins - A discussion of various kinds of compost bins with photos of different styles. Tumblers are also covered.
- Build a Bin - If you prefer to build your own bin, find instructions here.
- Sifters and Screens - Explains the purpose of sifting, and a look at sifters/screens from small to large.
- Hand Tools - This page discusses thermometers, aerators, hydrometers, and pH testers.
- Chippers / Shredders - A discussion for those who have large volumes of leaves or small limbs, and might find a chipper or shredder beneficial.
If you want to go through the pages in this section as listed above, look in the right-most column below the Online Stores. Find the list labelled "EQUIPMENT" and click on the next page in the sequence.